Capacity Building for Integration and Reform – enhancing the administrative capacity of Ukrainian civil service for European integration through a comprehensive educational programme
The overall objective of the Project is to support the public administration of Ukraine in the implementation of comprehensive reforms and the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement (AA), including, in particular, the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA).
The Project shall also further support the EU – Ukraine integration and legal approximation process through institutional capacity-building by practically-oriented training and blended-learning educational programmes delivered by the College of Europe in Natolin.
Throughout the whole project cycle, which will be divided into different actions, at least 750 persons, a gender-balanced representation of the Ukrainian public service, will be direct beneficiaries of the project’s e-learning, online and on-site training. Moreover, 50 Ukrainian civil servants will take part in a unique 2-month long training programme in Poland which includes local and international study.
The specific objectives are:
Building knowledge and understanding
The Project will support Ukrainian civil servants in deepening their knowledge, transfer of competencies and expertise in the field of European affairs, EU institutions, decision-making processes, policies, and integration mechanisms through a comprehensive e-learning programme and tailor-made educational platform.
Boosting expertise, bridging people, institutions and good practices
The Project will accompany Ukrainian civil servants (particularly from within the central government bodies and government administration branches) in developing relevant capacities and applying theoretical knowledge into practice, through practically-oriented training (online, on-site and off-site). As a result, Ukrainian civil servants will be better prepared to engage in European integration processes, implementation of the AA/DCFTA, and accession negotiations (preparatory activities and the implementation phase).
- Digital economy and society (digital transformation)
- Regional development, access to financial instruments of the EU
- Climate and environment with a specific focus on Green Deal
- Integration of Ukraine into EU internal market
- Transport, Energy and Cross-border cooperation
- AA and DCFTA;
- Financial interests of the EU
- Integrated border management
- EU and development cooperation policy
- Lobbying and legislative mechanisms
- Policy Coordination and Decision-Making for EU Affairs
- Policy dialogue and communication
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Civil Society Empowerment
- EU values, principles and human rights protection