Introduction to EU law and legal approximation workshopNovember 16, 2022
On 15 November 2022, in the framework of the onsite programme of the Natolin4Capacity Building project, we had special guests from the Association4U project who presented the most important principles of the EU legislation and main conditions for approximation of Ukraine’s laws to those of the EU acquis to the participants of the training in Poland. Mr Cezar Herma, a key expert on EU legal approximation and EU acquis translation, together with Ms Alla Dzhun, a Senior Legal Expert, conducted dedicated online sessions covering different aspects of mentioned topics, such as:
- accession to the EU from the legal perspective,
- types of legal approximation / EU acquis implementation commitments,
- next steps on Ukraine’s EU accession path,
- planning of legal approximation / EU acquis implementation,
- EU law compliance assessment,
- useful legal approximation tools and best practices.
The Association4U project supports enhancing the capacity of the public administration of Ukraine to design and implement key reforms stemming from the Association Agreement & DCFTA concluded between Ukraine and the European Union. The project does so by facilitating the approximation of Ukraine’s laws to those of the EU acquis and supporting the Ukrainian Government’s communication on European integration.
We are delighted and honoured to collaborate on a regular basis with the Association4U to support EU-Ukraine integration and legal approximation!